Unknown tropical tree

Hello!

A question from the German de.rec.garten-group: Does anyone know this tree from North-Thailand?

It seems to me that here are more experts for tropical plants.

Reply to
Karl-Heinz Rekittke

I do not know what it is. However, it appears to be a vine climbing a tree and not the tree itself.

Reply to
David E. Ross

My idea was, that it is a kind of eucalyptus. But a masterclass from de.rec.garten *) now found the right tree: Couroupita guianensis

*) Dr. Gotthelf Wolmershäuser, with his nice garden, full of other Ericales:
Karl-Heinz Rekittke

Yes, it is a "Cannonball Tree". I remember seeing the tree in Singapore Botanic Gardens many years ago. It is not a tree you want to examine up close, as it drops its fruits without warning!

Indeed. Gotthelf posted an ID request to uk.rec.gardening about 6 years ago. There was a link to his garden website in the post, and I was amazed at how beautiful the garden was, and what a wonderful variety of plants were growing there.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

"Jeff Layman" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : o5dtig$j67$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

there are many to Sri Lanka Au Sri Lanka they eat the fruits.

the fruits are like some meat when they are not mature. That seem to be some beef stew. once upon mature the fruits are like fruits.

I did eate it to Sri Lanka, and I can say you than we do not made the difference between the beef stew and cannonball tree's fruit

Reply to
Sylvain