looking for good nursery in tampa area

hi,

we just got back from jamaica and have been bitten by the "tropical" bug. port antonio, jamaica has to be one of the greenest spots on earth. georgeous place.

anyway, tampa is a zone 9-10 and just driving around our neighborhood i see a lot of exotic tropicals thriving. does anyone know a reputable nursery in the area that specializes on this type of plant?

thanks,

mike

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote: hi,

Hi Mike,

Which type of plant is that? Don't know if any of these places will help you out, but perhaps you could give them a call and question them about exotic tropical plants...

Willow Tree Nursery is worth a visit just to see the large tree they have in the middle of the nursery, it's located on 49th Street just north of 38th Avenue North in Saint Petersburg, not much farther north past the Biff Burger hangout where people drive and show off their older model cars. Not sure they fully work a full line of exotic tropicals, but they do have some exotic plants.

Anyways, best to call around I think and ask about a specific tropical plant (palm trees, pineapple types with fruit, mango trees, coconut palms, etc).

I know the Willow Tree Nursery in Saint Petersburg sells some lemon trees and other fruit trees, but you'll probably find something closer to you in the Tampa with a few phone calls that sells the same sort of plant.

Hope this helps.

Jim Carlock Post replies to the group.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

I only know the ones here, Bradenton and Palmetto. Try Amerson's or Don Jones Nursery.

gloria - only the iguanas know for sure

Reply to
madgardener