trout lilies

We were out walking in the woods in Central Indiana and saw the trout lilies and other wild flowers. We have a shady space in our yard that looks like a perfect spot for flowers of that type.

Does any one know where you can buy seed or whatever to start these types of flowers in your yard

Reply to
Keith Nuttl

Trout lilies grow from bulbs - Erythronium species. Some of the better bulb suppliers (like McClure and Zimmerman) will carry them. They are also known as avalanche lilies, snow lilies and dog tooth violets.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Might want to do research before buying seeds...I've heard that the reason trout lilies are not often found for sale is that it takes about 7 years from seed germination to produce flowering size plants.

Marcy Hege

Reply to
madgardener

Reply to
Brian

Our Pacific species of Erythronium are called "Fawn Lilies"

Reply to
MLEBLANCA