Too quiet

Sure gets quiet around here come October. Is there a NG for my area (So. Calif coastal) where we garden all year? If any knows, give me a holler.

Tx

Persephone

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I've been busy ... gardening!

Una

Reply to
Una

I garden all year here in eastern North Carolina. The green house isn't quite the same as my summer garden but it keeps me busy !

MJ

Reply to
mj

you might try

's a gardening message board tho not and email list. But is active year round :)

Reply to
Cerwin

Thanks. I took a look. Wish Web sites didn't have those black backgrounds! But looks like some interesting stuff, so 'preciate it.

Persephone

Reply to
Higgs Boson

i'm very busy cleaning up after the windstorm we just had, the farmers took the corn in but hadn't turned under the stalks and leaves yet, so you can guess what the entire fence/yard/ flowerbeds look like... most of it i'll leave so the worms can have it, but for a few of the fences we want to be able to have them last so i have to keep them clear or the wind will take them down this winter.

that and i'm trying to get all my planting done before the ground freezes and finishing up whatever projects i can while i can.

other usenet news groups: rec.gardens.edible rec.food.preserving. :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird

"Higgs Boson" wrote

Here we are ready for the onslaught of the leaves. Over the next 2-3 weeks you won't be able to find the grass unless you keep up with them and it's too much to let them just stay there.

Reply to
cshenk

We have mayhem in progress on my street. Some godawful Norway somethings, some kinda evergreen, is the biggest PITA! When it's not dropping snowdrifts of needles that cover the plantings, it's dropping sharp seeds that hurt the feet of dogs being walked, or it's dropping sap that makes love to your car finish.

Can't wait for this session to end!

Persephone

Reply to
Higgs Boson