still on, but how long?

still connected, but for how long......not looking a gift horse in the mouth.......got the left eye's cataract removed today, just peeled off the eye patch and tape.....left most of me eyebrow........now I'm going through that first horrid sting of the first round of drops.......I will write more when I am able to half focus......this will be the hardest part, not being able to see up close until I can get reading prescriptions, but hey, the cataract is GONE!! let the healing begun! I woke after five hours crash when son got me home after a hot, Mexican meal in Knoxville after surgery (I adore GOOD Mexican food)and then the ride home was kinda surreal in a way.......crawled off to the bed and vaguely remember the canines piling up around me in protective formations......but there must have been a storm of sorts as I was passed out, the sidewalk out front was wet when I answered an important call on the only phone I have.......a Sprint phone that I hafta lift my left leg, face southwest and raise my right arm and stick out my tongue to get a bleeding signal.................I eventually realized or my sinuses did that I was upright and the mucus began in earnest, so I went and sat in the van and cranked it up to get the air conditioning started. Lost the signal ~@!#$^% and then drove to the end of the driveway to Miz Mary's house (which is sadly empty and obviously so, despite some of her stuff still on the porch as her family don't know what to do with it since she has life rights and lives in the nursing home now :( and got where I had four of five bars on the signal and talked for a bit as the van cooled down and I got more comfortable.

The things we do for communicative capabilities! I was strafed by the hummer several times as I struggled to hear the voice on the cell phone, and that's when I realized I needed to sit and since I can't see clearly up close, I wasn't about to allow frustrations to rise in me. I am fixed and will get glasses to finish the rest of the eye thing and be

100% so there you go...........

My love to all my gardening friends and I will keep touch as I can along the weeks and such. There are huge things in the works right now for me, and as I finally get them to come to fruition I will inform those of you whom I hold close. It's all good.........those who have tomato's ripening on the vine, I won't have any this year and the crops at the local farmer's market are really high due to the massive drought here, so take the salt cellar out to the vines and have a sun warmed one for me......eat a small cuke too, and grab up that zucchini and take it inside and slice it up and fry it in a pan with two pats of butter and think of me..........next year, by gum, I'll be growing more veggies because there will be more of a reason than ever before..........

(((((huge Maddie hug)))))))))

maddie up on the ridge, back in FAerie Holler overlooking rather hazily and fuzzily English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener

Been doing as you suggest all this week. Finally harvested enough White Currant Tomatoes that we all had our fill today, with some left over, Grandson One couldn't eat all of them for a change.

Eating cukes for you...tried some new varieties this year that are simply the best cucumbers we have ever eaten....I lost track of which was which in the trellis, will dig the catalog out for foto comparison, but they are both great......Japanese Long and Suyo Long.

Having zukes every day, many ways.

It is said......all good things come to those who wait. Perhaps the long wait is nearly over for you, for many things.

Peace and care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Hmmmmm........now what do you think?

Is your paranoia showing, my fiesty friend?

Charlie......

Reply to
Charlie

In message , madgardener writes

Great to hear it's all done and just the healing left: from my mother's experience (she was in her 80s when she had them done) and others I gather it doesn't take all that long... Good to hear those positive vibes coming through, too, all will be well yet, I am sure, and we'll enjoy Maddie's wondrous rambles ... through the cabbages? Would try to eat a cuke too for you, but they are only the size of a baby's thumb so far...

Reply to
Klara

Hey Maddie, where is Faerie Holler anyway? I can find Pruitt, Denton, Reynolds, Ray, Strange Dooly, Gibson, Grapevine, Bear Wallow, Stillhouse, Spurgeon, Camp and other that may somehow have a view of English mountain but not yours. Or is it really protected and made invisible by the local Faeries?

Hope you are well and manage to remain connected.

Reply to
John McGaw

DANDRIDGE!!!!!!!!!! Home of Martha Dandridge-Washington, wife to ol' wooden teeth, George..............just offa I-40, offa THUNDER ROAD.......and no, the faeries don't protect it and make it invisible, although the local baby cops DIDN'T know I was up here one night they came upon the dead end in search for the caller of the

911.........that's why the dead cats across the driveway have GOTTA GO.........(I'm serious about the dead cats..the neighbor has so many that they are dying and sizzling in this heat. I finally called AGAIN and the baby cop was so horrified he promised Animal control would come out.........did they? not sure, I was getting surgery yesterday. The piece on the cops in Morristown about the horse that was shot? That was my SON'S girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!! lord are the planets outa alignment?????? and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
madgardener

On 11 Jul, 13:52, madgardener wrote: and we're FINALLY gonna get RAIN today!!!!!!!

Glad someone's rejoycing at seeing rain coming ....!!! We are not amused here you know!!!! ;o)

I'm rejoycing though ... that you're still around! I was thinking about you yesterday, wondering when we would next read you. Because you know, I would for one be happy to read you once a week in my week end news papers. Not jokking. Stumbled on your "Morning thoughts and a mind tearing inventory of sorts..." or what abou tthe " A ripping Spring day in January, old friends and ancient blooming shrubbery ..." read (I'm a fan and collector see) and I felt terrible thinking we might not be able to read you again.

Now, you could make a fortune with a weekly column somewhere in England. Again I'm not kidding around. Have you thought about that? Do you want me to give you some contacts? Just imagine how easy it could be!

Reply to
La Puce

YOU KNOW..................IF YOU'RE a collector, you could send me those quickly (and there's another e-mail you can send them to, a most beloved dear friend who WOULD collect and save them for me, honest! snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and I can start on that book...............I don't have luck with the archives. when deja news sold out to google, I couldn't find all my rambles.........please send them to me and James? if you had burn capability, I'd just ask you to burn them onto data disk and send them to me........................(((((((((((((huge hug))))))))))))))) maddie who is still here by the graces of the internet imps..........Maw Bell minions and sheer luck

Reply to
madgardener

p.s. James is over there in Bournemouth for the time beings.......but he won't be there in a few weeks, but he'd definitely save the posts you have for me. honest! send me back some more rain!! we're still parched here.......I'd take rain AND humidity, believe me.

maddie

Reply to
madgardener

snip...

Believe me, in this area we could easily stand to have a good 25cm of rain. That would just about catch us up with what should have fallen this year, on average. If we are to replenish the ground water properly even more would be welcome. Rather a pain in some regards, such as top-down driving, but given the need I'll suffer the pain.

Reply to
John McGaw

Yay! So glad to hear the surgery is behind you. My MIL had it done years ago and was just thrilled at the results. And I'll have that cuke after work tonight...just harvested our first one:)

Debra

Reply to
Seahag

Will do - no problem! As for the book ... a column would make you richer! I've collected you since I had an American teacher to whom I kept forwarding your ramblings. She loved them because like you she just loved her garden, is an horticulturist (and geologist / ecologist / environmentalist) but also was as mad as you ;o))) She missed the States as well. Could do you a data disk too - just email me your address.

We've been planning a trip to the states for sometimes now, waiting for my youngest to get stronger legs on him, and would planned to visit people we know and LOVE!. We'd start in New York (my sis has been there for 15 years) and make our way westwards and south a bit to Mashell in Virginia, then perhaps get to you?!? Lots of lakes around you isn't it. Would love camping around there. Will ask tips closer to realising our plans and dreams :o)

Reply to
La Puce

At least you did it by accident. My gardening partner has a tendency to pull stuff up to see if it's got roots...so he killed a whole flat of seedlings this spring. He still can't seem to figure out why my Brandywines are a month bigger than his Better Boys:)

Debra

Reply to
Seahag

"Man's work with Nature that furthers Nature's aims is the work that rewards him the best." (I-Ching)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Seemed an appropriate reply.........and funny that it came up

Leon Russell Stranger in a Strange Land

How many days has it been since I was born How many days until I die Do I know any ways that I can make you laugh Or do I only know how to make you cry When the baby looks around him It's such a sight to see He shares a simple secret with the wise man

He's a stranger in a strange land Just a stranger in a strange land Tell me why he's a stranger in a strange land Just a stranger in a strange land

How many miles will it take to see the sun And how many years until it's done Kiss my confusion away in the night Lay by my side when the morning comes And the baby looks around him And shares his bed of hay With the burrow in the palace of the king

(refrain)

Well, I don't exactly know what's going on in the world today Don't know what there is to say About the way the people are treating each other Not like brothers From ecology With mythology And astrology Has got some words to say about the way we live today Why can't we learn to love each other It's time to learn a new faith To the whole world wide human race Stop the money chase and Lay back Relax Get back on the human track Stop racing toward oblivion Oh, such a sad, sad state we're in and that's a thing Do you recognize the bells of truth when you hear them ring Won't you stop and listen to the children sing Won?t you sing it children Won't you come on and sing it children (He's a stranger in a strange land) Whoa, sing it one more time, I didn?t hear ya (Just a stranger in a strange land) (He's a stranger in a strange land) (Just a stranger in a strange land.

Charlie......spending the night with Leon..

Reply to
Charlie