Soil Testing/Analysis Lab - So. Cal

Can someone recommend a good soil testing/analysis lab in Southern California. I need to get soil tested for vegetable/fruit garden I'm establishing.

Thanks, Harlon

Reply to
Harlon Davis

Already did that. From what I saw, California has an extensive cooperative extension service, but the local county programs don't do soil analysis. They provide mostly volunteer/4H/educational programs (all very worthwhile). They recommended I look under "Laboratories - Analytical" in the Yellow Pages, where I found tons of labs. However, it wasn't clear to me which labs specalized in soil testing vs. water testing vs. drug testing...

Has any So Cal home gardener ever had their soil tested? Where? Were you happy with the results? Do you have a phone number / address?

Thanks, Harlon

Reply to
Harlon Davis