Soggy yard again with a catch.......

Like a lot of people I have a soggy yard for a number of days after a rain storm. And most of the time the whole yard is squishy. I would love to use asome sort of drain, but I am worried about my septic system and leach field. The water doesn't smell like sewage. Also I don't have a good place to drain the water without flooding my neighbors yard. I might be able to find a place for a dry well but it would have to be huge I guess. Any ideas? thanks tex

Reply to
Tex

Websearch "Rain Gardens"

Reply to
bamboo

Do you have standing water? How much of your lot is impervious? Can you divert the water to the street?

Reply to
Travis

I live in rural CT on top of a small "mountain" really a large hill. Our road doesn't have any storm drains and I would have to pump the water up hill to get it to the road. My front yard is the biggest problem and is probably .75 acres, maybe 30% is impervious.... The water garden looks interesting, but not sure how close to the leach fields I can go. thanks

Reply to
Tex