Small indoor plant that flowers all year?

I'm looking for a small-medium size house plant that has pretty flowers throughout the year. Is there such a plant? The room is fairly bright with skylights. I want to place it on a shelf. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Reply to
tenplay

Hmmmm, I really can't think of one at the momnet but if it's bright enough you CAN grow impatiens indoors easily. I do over the winter time in a west window...

Reply to
Johnny Borborigmi

I'm sure you can find something. Take a look at

,
or ask on one of the forums at

Don't discount getting a vine. Some are manageable in small spaces, have very nice flowers - usually scented, and are 'understory' plants accustomed to lower light levels. maybe a Hoya ?

good luck

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I have a Crown of Thorns that blooms all year round. I also havd Hoyas but sometimes they are messy. The flowers do drip fluids. But a washable tray under these works well.

Betsy

Reply to
betsyb

Unless you can get that plant a foot away from the skylight, it will serve no purpose to the plant to be in a bright room. You still have to get very low light plants.

Rex begonia Spathaphyllum aka peace lily

Oh, too many to list.

Reply to
Jangchub

You might consider African violets (Saintpaulia). Mine have been blooming continuously since since I got them in February and are not looking to stop.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Backburner

I like Bamboo Begonia. Large pot = large plant. Small = small plant.

Heart shaped flowers. I do not know where to purchase them mine was a gift from Vietnam.

They are real easy to propagate.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner