slugs + lilies

Hi,

Does anyone has the same problem as I ... the slugs pratically ate all the leaves of the lilies leaving just the stem. I don't seem to have problem with slugs with other plants ... just the lilies ... it has been like this for seasons after seasons and I normally just ignore them but it is just getting on my nerves.

Thx,

Alex

Reply to
Alex Ng

Sorry about the earlier post, I just found out it's not slug, it's the larve stage of the lily beatle and there is no cure.

Alex Ng wrote:

Reply to
Alex Ng

No slug problems on the lilies, but I do have Japanese beetles eating them, especially the calla lilies.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Alex,

The snails and slugs were so bad in my area this spring that they were eating everything (even the Cicadas, see this picture from my web site:

).

If I were you I would try to get rid of them. If you don't want to use a chemical killer the old standby, stale beer, works well. Put it in shallow cups (like yogurt containers) and they will craw in and drown.

Reply to
Bill R

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak