Echinacea (Purple Magnus) and Slugs

Hello all, I'm in the UK and have a problem with slugs in the garden eating my plants. I'm not interested in stopping them, much too difficult. Instead I've been trying to put in plants that slugs don't like. So far it's gone quite well, but I want to add some new stuff.

Some people suggest that Echinacea may be slug resistant. Does anyone know how mine might fair?

Cheers Steve

Reply to
Steve

i really liked this question...this person has got the message all goo gardeners have especially in the 21 st century which is to wor alongside nature , where possible , not against it. i really hate tha " what poisons are available so i can grow perfect Hostas ? attitude.

specific to Echinella i don t know but would off the top of me hea suggest trying the following slug/snail ignoring herbaciou perennials...

Helleborus , Chrysanthemum maximum , Solidago , Achillea , (hardy Geranium, Stachys ,Purple Loostrife (forgot the latin) , Ferns , Aster nova angliae (new england daisy) , Campanula ....

there must be hundreds and hundreds more

-- Eyebright

Reply to
Eyebright