Gardeners Birthday gift help needed

Hello, Garden Banter forum thanks for the add!
I am here today because it's my mums birthday coming in about 6 weeks and I'm in need of a little advice on what to get her. She pretty much lives in the garden, every time I go to visit if it's not raining she's out there. She plants so there are flowers all year round and never has a dull garden.
Anyway, in terms of buying her a gift, So far I have ordered her a cake which there will be an example picture at the bottom, I have planned for the family to get together at her favourite restaurant, not I'm in need of a little inspiration from you guys the pro gardeners themselves for a gift. What would you like as a gift from your son? is there something you use in the garden often that needs replacing?
Looking forward to some replies if there is anything I have missed please comment below and I will get back to you all.
Thanks Sorry, How do you add photos?
--
BanterBen

Am 12.09.2017 um 08:44 schrieb BanterBen:

The most beautiful gift of my daughters, was for me a bird-house. Perfect if you can still hang it, so that no rain comes into the inlet hole (away from the weather-side). I do not know your mother, maybe she likes a fodder house or an insect hotel. From my own point of view, I know that women do not want to be presented with tools.

Dropbox, OneDrive, Google-Drive, flickr ...
--
Best regards from Muenster, Germany,
Kalle
On 9/11/2017 11:44 PM, BanterBen wrote:

I really prefer to buy my own plants and supplies. However, my wife gave me a great gift several years ago. Variously called a stepbench, kneeler, seat, etc, you can see and read about it at <http://www.rossde.com/garden/tools.html#stepbench . While this particular brand might not be available in the UK, you are likely to find something similar at a well-stocked garden center.
One other item might be a set of well-tuned wind chimes. This is something I requested, and my wife bought me. Mine are baratone. They were available in soprano through bass. Very well constructed, they have been hangin in my back yard for quite a few years without requiring any repairs.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Here's the Lee Valley web page for "Gifts" - click on the "gardener" category for some ideas.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Gifts/Index.aspx
John T.
On 12 Sep 2017 07:44, BanterBen wrote:

I presume you are in the UK considering how you posted. Photos can be linked to your post either by using a site like Flickr or gardenbanter have their own system which you can look up on their site. These are Newsgroups perhaps you should look it up on wiki. Anyways to answer your question, has she got some good secateurs, that means Felco ones.? An excellent hoe if she grows veg is the push pull weeded by Wolf Garden, part of their multitool range, all of which are excellent quality ime.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden
[...]
If she has roses, gloves that are worn while pruning to keep thorns from ruining her hands
HTH Nellie