Shredding & blowing peat moss on lawn?

yes, that was the idea. It may work however I think there are easier and more sure fire ways of going about it. Seems work and a waste of good peat moss to my mind.

rob

>> ticle18

Reply to
George.com

The kid probably gives more honest and better advice.

Jim Carlock Post replies to the group. "Clean your finger before you point at my spots." Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Jim Carlock

Mama Bear:

You can buy a leaf vacuum/blower at any big box store like Home Depot or Lo wes, as well as many, many stores that sell gardening equipment. Many, per haps most, use the fan blade to chop up leaves as well and are perfect for spreading peat moss. The ones I'm familiar with are electric and you should be able to find one for considerably less than $100, particularly if you w ait for the fall sales. The cost of the bales of peat moss should be in the neighbourhood of +/- $25 per 1000 square feet. Go to the following YouTube link to see a video demonstration:

cLrLzk

On another note, I sympathize with regard to people who ignore the simple s traight-forward question you ask and instead clog the thread with irrelevan t and unasked for advice, much of it simply wrong, which leaves you and ot hers who might have come across your post in search of an simple answer to a simple question absolutely frustrated. People, if you can't answer the qu estion that was asked of you here, BUZZ, for lack of the stronger word, OFF !!!!!

Reply to
dcschinkel

Why did you reply to a message that is more than 8 years old? Are you sure the original poster -- Mama Bear -- is still alive?

Reply to
David E. Ross

I've had my news server occasionally burp up some very old posts and replied to them without noticing the date.

How that happens, I do not know. But it does happen.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Reply to
ddcord1

I'll ask them and be right back - OK ?

Reply to
hubops

replying to Warren, Phillip wrote: Peat moss has been used for years to control take all patch diseases on several turf species. A shreader would be helpful to get a fine powder application for use on turf.

Reply to
Phillip

It would be more advantageous, but more work (depending on how serious you get about machinery), to sift the peat moss. Reducing it to powder will render its moisture, nutrient and gas holding capacity drastically. I sift a 2cf bale or two every spring using a simple wooden shaker tray with a 1/4" mesh hardware cloth screen. I enjoy the work but many would not. You can find instructions to build all kinds of powered sifters on the internet.

Reply to
Amos Nomore