Self Propelled mower question (drive belt)

I aquired a Troy-bilt mower that was self propelled. The guy said it just needs a new belt. Well I get home get a better look abd the belt is there wrapped around the shaft, but there is no pully like the new ones I saw today at Lowes. Is the pully something that can be added or is it pressed on at the factory and broke off, or did they replace the motor with a non self propelled. Please see photo. It does look like either a pully was there there before, (less rust), or it actually ran off of the shaft, doubtful.

Thanks for any advice.

Photo:

Bruce

Looks like the pully was removed. They are usually secured to the shaft by a set-screw. For whatever reason, it seems pretty clear that someone removed the pully, it didn't just fall off............ the blade would have stopped it... hee hee hee//

Good luck !!

--James--

Reply to
James

That's true, Oh well, sounds like a replaceable part, off to the mower shop tommorow. Thanks!

Reply to
Bruce

Reply to
Lynn Coffelt