Rove speaks to Granny and Ratgurl during victory lap on NBC

MR. RUSSERT: Towards the end of the campaign, the president reaffirmed his opposition to gay marriage, but said he was open to civil unions. Would he support federal legislation to honor and respect civil unions with gay couples?

MR. ROVE: Well, my understanding is is that he was referring to civil relationships defined at a state level. He clearly believes that states have the right to define such things as the right to visitation in the hospital or inheritance rights or benefit rights. Those ought to be up to states. But he does believe very fervently that 5,000 years of human history should not be overthrown by the acts of a few liberal judges or by the acts of a few local elected officials. Marriage is and should be defined as being between one man and one woman.

MR. RUSSERT: But no federal law for civil unions?

MR. ROVE: He believes that the definition of relationships ought to be left up to the states and that proper protections can be put in place for the right to visit in the hospital or the right to inherit or other legal contractual questions like that.

Pass the marshmallows.

Reply to
IntarsiaCo

better take a closer look at what marriage was really for during those 5K years... starting with "for procreation" (BTW, that is the definition in China). So nobody should get married that dont want children, and menopausal women shouldnt marry either, nor barren ones. for most of those 5K years marriage was simply the transfer of ownership of women from father to husband. women and children were chattel no more than slaves. oh, and let us not forget polygamy. Ingrid

But he >does believe very fervently that 5,000 years of human history should not be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Maybe in your tribal clan. Some of us are civilized.

Is that english?

Reply to
IntarsiaCo

"King David and King Solomon led merry, merry lives, With many, many lady friends and many, many wives...."

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

"The first bond of society is marriage."

Reply to
IntarsiaCo

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IntarsiaCo) wrote in news:20041108153830.06333.00000284 @mb-m18.aol.com:

"The first rule of government is kill anyone who doesn't agree with you."

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb expounded:

Which is exactly what will happen once the terrorists win.

Reply to
Ann

But surely, Howdy Dubya will smite them with the Lord's righteousness, won't he?

J. Del Col

Reply to
J. Del Col

Ann wrote in news:2561p0lbdru4kai8tfrnemv8iqq1bdajti@

4ax.com:

In that case the "terrorists" have already "won". You are just looking at the wrong scoreboard.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

that's what scares me.. that those who disagree with the coming changes may be called traitors and 'smitted.' the escalations of outsourcing, the influx of more and more aliens, the threat of privatizing SS and worse the threatened changes to our Constitution. I have a number of great grandchildren and am really concerned that Warolds (sp) 1984 is more than coming true. "war is peace, ugly is beautiful, even history being rewritten" some of it should be re-written as much of the history we were taught in school back when, was lies and many attrocities swept under the rug, so to speak. I think the "conservatives" have, with all their riches, have gained too much power for a true democracy to survive. I just hope i am wrong.. pray that i am wrong.

--leo/lee

Reply to
Lee

I think that's were the trouble starts. I have no problem with people believing that their god will smite me. I say let god do his/her own work.

Reply to
Vox Humana