Roundup questions

Tilling brings up dormant weed seeds, such as bindweed, which then sprout and give you tsouris for the rest of the year. Only effective remedy short of 2-4D is constant mowing to starve the weeds of sunlight-derived sugars.

What are you doing to maintain good, well-drained tilth?

Reply to
Frank

I'd have to go along with Victoria's reply on chinch bugs. I've also concluded by observation that ants attack grass root systems when extreme drought conditions occur. At least that was my observation last summer on a fire ant colony in the front yard that was basically hidden for a time.

Bermuda grass seed germinates just like any other seed. Needs alot of moisture for a time for that to occur. If you insist on a Bermuda strain, go with the Sahara variety that tolerates drought well.

I apologize for those who are using your post as rider for their ridicule.

Reply to
Dioclese

What are you doing to maintain good, well-drained tilth?

Hey Frankie, what's with the gay lingo... you wanna tilth get back in your closet... sheesh!

Reply to
brooklyn1

Sniff, sniff. Do I smell burning martyr? IIRC Steve was the OP on "Roundup questions".

Reply to
Billy

Oh please don't. I am finding those replies amusing as well. I appreciate the real advice like yours, but enjoy the silly posts.

--S.

Reply to
Suzanne D.