Re: Winterized hose reel?

Compressed air usually will dry it out, but be sure to keep additional water from going in. You could also use RV antifreeze.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

"Some One" wrote in news:FrdVa.572985$Vi5.14237197 @news1.calgary.shaw.ca:

I've got one of those, too, well at least that brand. If I recall correctly, one the label or else, it says take it inside if the weather will be freezing or something to that effect. It's one of those boxes with the reel inside. PITA to wind sometimes, but easy to transport for winter. I haven't had a problem yet (or maybe I've just been oblivious).

Have you tried closing the faucet/cutoff valve and then turning on the hose to drain the water? I did that one year, but I don't know if I had freezing weather.

-- salty

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Also remember you need to disconnect it from the hydrant.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan