Re: Neem as Soil Drench Systemic

*> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:08:37 -0500, "John T. Jarrett

> > > wrote: > >[color=green] > > >Again, you are confusing two different neem oil products -- th > insecticide > > >concentrates versus the home use oils.[/color] > > > > > I think you may be confusing NEEM with Tea Tree Oil. > > Neem oil as used in shampoo & soaps in India, & as worshipped a > Sitala's > or Kali's magic tree, is the same species used in pesticides -- i > all > uses, it is Azadirachta indica; certainly the degree of toxicit > varies, > though when azadarachin is present, it is toxic & really should b > avoided > in skin-contact products, let alone in orally or anally taken > folk-medications. > *

actually commercial neem insecticides are in fact different from pur neem oil. the majority of commercial products use what is called "clarifie hydrophobic extract of neem oil" PURE neem oil is actually quite safe relative to this extrac

- milese

milesey