Re: Help Required - Weeding

>I am currently studying a Bachelors Degree in engineering >for my design project i have been looking at innovative ways of weeding. Goats.
Reply to
Brooklyn1

I Like the idea, and may even use that as a route to explore :) But i dont think most gardeners would like the goats to eat their veggies too :/

Reply to
oxtonyxo

No no not that! Goats are good at eating not weeding. They originated the scorched earth approach.

David Hare-Scott

Now, now! They're used a lot for ranches, I've heard, for keeping the grass down. ISTR the U.S. White House uses them, Anybody in touch with Mrs. Obama?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Goats are telepathic, they can read your mind and find out which plant you least want them to eat and then head straight for it.

David Hare-Scott

LOL. But only for some types of weeds - the shrubby ones since goats are browsers as opposed to grazers.

Reply to
Farm1

Sheep would be better for grass eating duties. Goats like to stand up on their hind legs and eat at or above head height whereas sheep don't do that. Goats are great for control of bushy weeds like blackberries but not for grund level herbage.

Reply to
Farm1

Here's a plug for clearing cemeteries. Looks to me like they done did purty good!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson