Rasp feed

Autumn Bliss UK. A poor crop last year. What fertiliser should I apply and when for this year's crop ? I'm not into soil analysis.

Reply to
Alistair Macdonald

This is a test for telepathy disguised as a question about gardens no?

It is impossible to give a sensible relevant answer. There are many reasons why your crop failed and lack of fertiliser is but one. Knowing nothing about your climate, your soil, your crop or the circumstances last year any response you get will be a wild guess. If you cannot come to grips with any of this I suggest forgetting about soil and fertiliser and planting astroturf and plastic flowers.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

No way, I won't have it, clara309 with 'redecorating' my garden wins the "telepathy test disguised as a question about gardens" hands down, "hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??"

It's right in there with "how do I cook a steak the way that I like it?"

Reply to
Billy

I don't test my soil either which is mostly heavy clay. In the fall I dig leaves and any other organic matter I can find into the soil along with some dehydrated cow manure. In the spring two weeks before I plant my garden, I apply an all purpose granular slow release fertilizer. I have very good vegetable crops each year so far by doing this.

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN

Rich, Thanks for your advice - exactly what I was looking for. My apologies to those who didn't understand. Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Macdonald