Propagation mats

Too many choices for heating mats. Is one brand/variety better than another?

I have conidered alternative heating methods including heating pads. I tend to favor something which can deal with a moist environment.

Reply to
WiGard

The 'real' mats are pricey, but reliable. Many DIY articles/web site references to using heating pads, waterbed mattress heaters, electric blankets, etc. Surfing, I discovered my thick, rubber(?) mats with embedded heating elements and a wire support platform for seedling trays have been superseded by a flat mat to "raise the temperature

10-20 degrees." What I used looked more like:

appeared to keep seed-starting trays close to 70-75 degrees in

40-degree (F) weather. While many seem to have success with 'alternative' arrangements, I'm over-cautious and enjoyed never having to worry about spilled water and un-sealed electricals.
Reply to
Frogleg