Problem with my worms (vermiculture)

This is my first experience with raising worms. All is going wonderfully well until recently a large amount of what appear to be white mites have appeared all over everythng. Has anyone else experienced this and if so,what am I supposed to do? If I could find an answer to this it would really put me on the good side of my wife, as these worms are really hers. Thanx.

Reply to
OldProf

Google search "critters in the bin" for a great article by Kelly Slocum on the different creatures that can inhabit your bin. It's the first link you see. Great forums on worms can be found at Gardenweb.com and wormdigest.org.

From what I've read, mites aren't usually a problem. Kelly says to cut back on melon and fruit scraps if you've been feeding them. I've found that "visitors" just kind of come and go in my bin.

Reply to
Joe Sandlin