Predatory rabbits? ? ?

Rabbits have been eating our newly sprouted flowers. Any ideas how to prevent this are welcome.

Reply to
Ray

"Ray" wrote in news:rgzje.286$4F1.155@trnddc06:

a .22 works very well & it's not a waste since rabbits are pretty tasty (unlike squirrel). or import a fox if you or your neighbors don't have chickens. coyotes also eat rabbits. i wonder if i'll develop a rabbit problem after i take care of my fox problem... (are fox any good to eat? or am i just going to have a pelt? yes, s/he needs to die. my chickens are more useful than a chicken eating fox) lee

Reply to
enigma

Rabbit fencing

Reply to
DK

I agree - rabbit fencing. New

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

Pepper spray.

Reply to
lgb

My brother, the florist, uses dried blood to keep rabbits away from his flowers.

A quiet pellet gun in an upstairs window is less obtrusive for rabbits than a .22 (as the police get a call for "man with a gun"). Just stick to the colder months after first frost, because it is hard to skin them with fleas and ticks jumping onto you for a fresh warm body.

What's wrong with squirrel? Just parboil them 15-20 minutes, discard the broth, and cube them up for use in pasta or rice dishes like cooked turkey. My boss enjoyed shooting them, but the only way I could get him to eat them was squirrel chili.

It is probably not good to eat too much preditor meat. Native Americans that ate coyotes ended up with excessive vitamin A, which can cause bone problems. So stick to vegitarians and fish eaters.

Reply to
David Efflandt