Please help me identify the species of these trees

Dear botanists & gardeners,

Would one of you be so kind as to look at this image and tell me what species each of these these two trees are?

The image link is here:

will have to mouse-over the image to see the highlight marks. If you click on the magnifying glass icon above the image you can see a higher-resolution image of the same shot which will allow you to see the shapes of the individual leaves.

Thanks!

Reply to
Salim Fadhley

Salim Fadhley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com:

Tree one looks like a weeping spruce, several species have weeping forms, so I can't say if this is a norway spruce or some other. The other one isn't distinct enough with the flowers for me to say.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Houtman

I had that impression, too.

Privet came to my mind, though I doubt that's right.

Agree with that.

Wonder where these mystery trees are located...

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

There is Ligustrum lucidum, sometimes known as glossy privet, or largeleaf privet, though I doubt that as well

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Appears to be European, location could help.

Reply to
D. Staples

like a clipped laurel with Russian vine climbing over the top and in flower.

Both will give trouble pretty soon as they are really too big for their location.

Reply to
beccabunga