Planting a grafted wisteria

Hi,

I am wondering if i have planted this wisteria at the correct depth. I heard that you need to have the graft about 2 inches above the soil, but i can't tell which bit is the graft. Ive attached a pic of how ive planted it, does this look right to you?

Thanks

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: IMG_0416[1].jpg | |Download:
mushy_face

The knob just above the soil appears to be a graft.

Two warnings about wisteria:

  1. They require soil that drains well. They appreciate moist soil but not soggy soil.

  1. Once established, they can be quite vigorous. See about a wisteria that actually destroyed a house.

Reply to
David E. Ross

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

I hope that doesn't deter people from visiting Sierra Madre to see this remarkable vine, using the link that David furnished! Sierra Madre is a charming community in the mountains around L.A. It still has some "olde-tyme" community flavor.

Whether the Sierra Madre wisteria is larger than the Great Vine at England's Hampton Court, I can't say; been years since I saw it; impressive icon of English history. Below link claims it is largest in the world.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson