plant ID

I know that a picture would be ideal (I can't access the binary group just yet), but if the following description rings a bell with anyone reading this, could you tell me what you think it might be so that I check it out on Google? If so, I thank you in advance. :) I'm located in middle Georgia. The plant looks sort of like a bush from the distance, but is actually comprised of long stalks. The stalks have clusters of little-bitty flowers. The flowers on the outer edge of the cluster are an orangey red, with the flowers in the center being mostly bright yellow. Very pretty.. looks like fire. There are shiny blue berries on the plant. More of a metallic blue than a blueberry blue. They're small and shiny. I assume they form after the flowers fade away. Any ideas? Thanks in advance - Nina

Reply to
Nina

Try Lantana

Emilie

Reply to
MLEBLANCA

Yup, sounds like a lantana to me too! I rescued one of these and it is now a beautiful big bush. Can be pruned easily, will come back from even a severe pruning. I love it!

Reply to
glenon

Thank you, Emilie! I did a search on lantana and you are absolutely correct. :) Nina

Reply to
Nina

Yes, it is definitely a lantana. Thank you for your reply! I'm glad you mentioned the pruning, saves me from further searching. I love the color of the bushes in my yard, but during my search I found photos of the pink and yellow variety. They are sooo pretty. Thanks again, Nina

Reply to
Nina