Ping Billy

You may enjoy this article (but don't pass it on to any USian who is geographically challenged) :-)))) :

FarmI

You have now been subjected to what we US-ians experience on a daily basis. It's embarrassing; actually, humiliating, for the world to see what a bunch of wild-eyed, crazy yahoos comprise, alas, a fair share of our population. Or maybe they are just more "vocal". In any case, it does NOT augur well for our future. Billy's .sig is a pretty good apercu of our political, social, cultural, and economic situation. I might not be around for the apocalypse, but my children will...

I haven't been down your way since the '84 Olympics. Maybe it's time to consider a move..

(Actually, I'll put that on hold until your government reverses its policy on asylum seekers. Have read too much about how they are treated while awaiting a decision, not to mention being immediately deported. This is NOT a snotty rejoinder! Our immigration policies are none too compassionate either, and Europe's are a disaster.)

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

You have now been subjected to what we US-ians experience on a daily basis. It's embarrassing; actually, humiliating, for the world to see what a bunch of wild-eyed, crazy yahoos comprise, alas, a fair share of our population. Or maybe they are just more "vocal". In any case, it does NOT augur well for our future. Billy's .sig is a pretty good apercu of our political, social, cultural, and economic situation. I might not be around for the apocalypse, but my children will...

I haven't been down your way since the '84 Olympics. Maybe it's time to consider a move..

(Actually, I'll put that on hold until your government reverses its policy on asylum seekers. Have read too much about how they are treated while awaiting a decision, not to mention being immediately deported. This is NOT a snotty rejoinder! Our immigration policies are none too compassionate either, and Europe's are a disaster.) ___________________________________ Your lunatic fringe certainly seems to be a large and vocal one. But then you also have a very large population so even a small percentage can make a huge amount of noise saying ludicrous things.

As for treatment of 'asylum seekers' I gather from discussions with a USian I had in another group, that both our countries treat them in a similar way. It took some time to figure out why he was saying what he did, but it turns out that he had misunderstood what certain terms used actually meant (which is part of the reason why I put 'asylum seekers' in inverted commas).

Reply to
FarmI