pineapples

I've had success with them by just cutting off the tops and sticking them in the ground. I actually forgot about them and when I checked on them a few months later, they each had a small pineapple on them. Make that a "very" small pineapple. Wild parrots ate them however, so I guess I'll never know what they tasted like.

Barbara C.

Reply to
<hacbac

Michelle

He HE well at least someone enjoyed them I couldn't grow a pineapple here in my back yard first of all I don't have one two story condo and second of all I live in pennsylvania I think it would be too cold but that is reassuring sadly however my stupid cat made a meal out of the crown I had so successfully rooted I'm goint to neuter that darn beast next time he mutilates one of my lovely plants. I even plant that pain some grass of his own in a large pot and he rolls in it and chews on it but it seems he does not eat them he just chews and that pest still sometimes wreks my plants I can always find little spiders from my spider plant on the floor. One day I almost broke my foot thinking a small one was a huge spider the araccnid kind well it was dark and it was freshly chewed and wet so it sort of smooshed when I steped on it bare foot LOL well I'm having a little sucess with spraying the bottom leaves with dish liquid mixture When he got a taste of it he gave me a nasty look and sulked away. I can really get OT sometimes sorry Michelle

Reply to
Michelle