Patchouli herb plant

I'm old enough to remember when Harry Truman dodged his SS guards and went for unaccompanied walks :-).

But it really is the arrogance of this president that has me scared. The other day he said that because he'd been re-elected, nobody in his administration need answer for any mistakes they'd made concerning Iraq (and I suspect he'd apply the same "logic" to any other issue.)

And yes, Clinton showed some of the same arrogance, but to a lesser degree. It seems that each succeeding administration takes us closer to an imperial presidency. And this one says he gets his orders from God. In about five more presidencies, we may have a Nero who claims he IS God.

There are times I'm really glad that I'm old - I'll be gone before most of the s... hits the fan.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

(...)

The thing about President Clinton is that the world loved him. Whatever he did as the man in the oval office, the world loved him then, still do now. The world cannot believe we re-elected the dumbard.

escape

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news:aomtu0pn3olniv4g1jiml2bj2vd11192e2@

4ax.com:

You are of course assuming that the elections results are fair and correct. As many "crazy" liberal Americans will tell you, they are not, and more than a few "sane" conservative Washington State residents will agree. Besides it's more American to throw a Tea Party.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@soggy72.drizzle.com:

The candidate who could really get the 18-50 yo male demographic out to vote is Juggs Bush.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (paghat) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@soggy72.drizzle.com:

my 4.5 year old has been telling me "there are 3 ways to change the government: the ballot box, the jury box & the ammo box... i choose the ammo box" he also listened carefully to all 3 debates & his opinion was "Stupid Bush" he's a very bright child :) lee

Reply to
enigma

Bumper sticker version:

There are four boxes - soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Use in that order.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Larry Blanchard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

most people using the saying tend to drop the 'soapbox' & i don't know why. i also don't know where the kid heard it in the first place... was it on one of the NPR morning shows? he does listen to NPR on the way to preschool. lee

Reply to
enigma

You hit the nail right on the head. What the Dems need is another Paul Tsongas.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Meaning that if you dont get what you want, then force your will on others any way you can. Sounds like something a 4.5 year old would think of.

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Snip

I don't know -- they hired Tony Orlando. I guess he needs the work.

Reply to
Joe Stead

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

True, but it also sounds like George W. Bush. Not a coincidence, I think.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Now they're playing dirty. That's sure to keep everyone away, both liberal and conservative.

Maybe Bush is sending a message? "Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me....."

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck

Rectal cranial inversions and not paying attention....isn't that how we got the BUCK FUSH bumper stickers?

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Now there's a reason to have voted for him!

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski