OT: Back from knee replacement

Hi guys,

It's been a roller coaster for sure and pain is not the huge aspect, just the discomfort of the connective tissue pulling and spasming. I can stand, and did the day after surgery. I can walk with a cane or without a cane, but my husband insists I need the can and so does the Dr.

I had to be re-hospitalized with a serious infection, but it wasn't one of the super staff infections and it cleared and continues to clear with IV antibiotics, which is now killing my digestive system.

Basically out of the woods, but not fully. Now the rehab, which I'm very happy to do. If anyone out there is allergic to cheap jewelry in their ears tell your surgeon. The staples which I thought should be surgical steel turn out to be alloy metals and this is what gave way and opportunity to a deeper infection, but all my staples did get infected and very swollen first. They're out now and the scar looks minimal, for the size they made it.

I cannot wait to play in the dirt, but Mark did infer he is going to buy me body armor with internal air conditioning, and impermeable ro any organisms of any sort, managed by hosing down with lysol before removing the armor. I do like the air conditioned part!

Victoria

Reply to
Jangchub

Good luck and a speedy recovery. I'd hold him to that air conditioned suit! ml

Reply to
kzin

Jangchub expounded:

Heal well, V!

Reply to
Ann

Looks like Ingrid will be doing a knee replacement soon. Hurt 40 years ago but attention seems to be do it now.

Bill 60 Ingrid 61

Reply to
Bill

I'm 52 and have been limping about for ten years or more. Now it's gotten to the point when I sat on the ground (which I do daily) I had a very hard time figuring out how to get up!

This surgery is best done while still relatively young, so it's good Ingrid will do it now.

Thanks Anne, for the well wishes. Ignore the you know what!

Reply to
Jangchub

I have not met ONE person who had knee or hip replacement who regretted it or had a bad story. I'm 59, and had CABGX5 AVR 5 years 9 months ago. (5 way bypass surgery, aortic valve replaced.) Getting up off the floor is the hardest thing I can do now. But I have developed a new system. When people see me do it, they always want to help, but I tell them I know how to do it, although it must look like I don't. You'll be amazed at how fast you're getting around. I was walking the second day. You'll make new systems and compensate. It's the human way.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Me either on the people who've not regretted it. I'm only two weeks out and had a major infection, so I'm doing well. Whenever people try to help me up I decline and they get insulted. Sheesh. Okay then, are you prepared to lift dead weight? No? I see. So just let me get up the way I know how and be on with it. I think people wanting to help is a natural reaction.

Reply to
Jangchub

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

There are two givens in the medical field: All bleeding stops eventually, and everyone dies from something. People have lived through horrific things, and died from the simplest.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com expounded:

I was wondering, Ingrid! :o)

Reply to
Ann

Further, I am a Buddhist and I believe I can die at any moment for any reason. Death is not the enemy. Fear is.

Reply to
Jangchub

Quiet on the set. "Drama Queen", take one, "Death by knee replacement", roll it.

Reply to
Billy

Drama Queen? You must not know me very well. Death by stopping breathing. It happens regularly. Nothing dramatic about it. However, yes, death by knee replacement can and does happen on the table under the general anesthesia.

Reply to
Jangchub