Not sure I trust these guys...

Look at the drawing of this saw carefully... posted ABPW too.

John Grossbohlin

_used_ one might come up with.

Reply to
J. Clarke

nb

Reply to
notbob

Adjusting that fence is going to be a stretch. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Yeah.... you'd probably get your tie stuck in the blade....

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

"Artemus" wrote

Imagine using that thing with an outfeed table.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

of something only the Government could come up with. Kinda reminds me of Air Force One fly over. Can't even get a simple picture of a table saw right and they're going to run health care, God help us!

Reply to
evodawg

On 5/14/2009 6:06 PM John Grossbohlin spake thus:

Requires a 2nd worker to adjust the rip fence safely from the back.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

My saw looked a little like that yesterday when I put the blade on backwards.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Hmmmmmm.. That's been up there since DateTime: 2005/07/28. (Which means it was commissioned likely a couple of years prior.

Artwork $ 5.00

Silliness factor $ 10.00

Failed attempt to politicize this out of sheer desperation? Priceless

Reply to
Robatoy

Looks like the saw you get back after loaning it to or letting your friend use it

Reply to
Rusty

That was also my first impression.

Took a 2nd look to realize what was really happening.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
Leon

Ummmm did you notice that the fence controls are mounted on the back side of the saw? I don't know what kind of saw you have but mine has the fence control/clamping lever on the same side as the hand wheel blade control, the front side.

Reply to
Leon

If you think that is funny, click the next button. the next actual photo shows a guy cutting a thin piece of wood. The describes the what is going on in the picture, With the hand-fed table saws, the operator adjusts the height and angle of the blade.

Reply to
Leon

It is going to be one of those days, Swingman, how did your eggs crack open this morning?

Translated and or should'a typed,

If you think that is funny click the next button. The next actual photo shows a guy cutting a thin piece of wood. The description below the picture states, With the hand-fed table saws, the operator adjusts the height and angle of the blade.

This time, I am going to use the excuse that I stared at the government site too long and it affected my ability to convey a message. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

And the 3rd photo show a guy making a miter cut at some angle. I'm having a hard time seeing a miter gauge in the photo. Surely he's not making the cut free hand.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
Tom Veatch

"Tom Veatch" wrote

Holding it in his hands would be the neander approach.

Reply to
Lee Michaels