Oh My God: Seeds

I was in Target today, and they had their flower seeds on display. Can it be that time of year again for so many dreams that will be dashed by the heat of July. I remember moving from California to Rochester, NY in the middle of winter, and then in May to see everyone heading to garden stores to buy their seeds. I remember seeds being sold in brown envelopes with only the name of the seeds on them. Rochester was the location of my first garden. I was a student at the Rochester Institute of Technology, and they plowed empty fields so students could plant gardens. It was a dry summer, and I carried buckets of water to water my garden. My best garden ever.

Tom

Reply to
tombates

I bought all seeds already from Walmart store. Spring starts here soon.

Reply to
JohnS

Last year in Colorado, it was warm in April! Had a freeze in the beginning of May! Then temperature wise it went from Mid May to Mid July! Hard on some plants! The Grape Vines although hurt by the Warmth in April and the Killing frost in the beginning of May, loved it going from Mid May to Mid July for the rest of the Year Temperature wise!

I remember moving from California to Rochester, NY

Reply to
chatnoir

Hey - when were you at RIT? The DH went there! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I was there from 1977 to 1979. I found the best corn-on-the-cob there at farm markets.

Tom

Reply to
tombates

He was there then, but looking for the cheapest beers!

Cheryl Isaak

Gosh, I've been getting seed catalogs since November and I've already ordered and received my '07 seeds and am champing at the bit to get them started.

Ceil

Reply to
ctlady