(off topic) Potato question

Whenever my MIL makes potato salad she claims she buys "boiling potatoes." What are boiling potatoes? I never see a sign in the store stating that this bin contains boiling potatoes. I am only asking 'cuz she makes great potato salad and mine is always mush. I guess I am too proud or too dense to just ask her. :) Please help.

Reply to
higgledy

Redskins are considered boiling potatoes. They are firmer, and won't turn to mush unless you overcook them.

Reply to
Jean