Off topic - five one thousandths of one percent

...of the world's population left us in the year now ending, due to acts of nature.

200k - Tsunami 1k - Katrina 79k - Kashmir

280,000 is what percent of 6,000,000,000?

280,000 = x6,000,000,000

28 = x600,000

28/600,000 = x600,000/600,000

x = .0000466

x = .00466

It's been 10 years since I've had a math course. Can anyone correct my figuring?

Reply to
Mike

Mike wrote: < Snip >

Nope you are 100% correct! It is Off Topic. S why post it here?

Reply to
mickg

He said in the Subject Line that it was OT. Why did you even bother to read it if you find an occassional OT post offensive. And better yet, why did you bother to reply?

Reply to
tomkanpa

Reply to
presley

World - Population: 6,446,131,400

Reply to
Frank Logullo

"Mike" writes in article dated Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:00:37 -1000:

00466 of one percent. You got it right.

To put that figure in perspective, .00391% die every day, assuming an average lifespan of 70 years.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Reply to
Spud Demon