O/T Acid in the pool

Hi, I just got my pool looking good again. From all the rain that we had, and no swimming, the pool turned a bright shade of green. It almost looked like a pond instead of a pool. I put two packages of shock in it, and some PH, and it's just about cleared up. Problem is, when I tested the water, now it might have too much PH, the test kit said to add acid. My question is, what household product can I use to put more acid in the water. I remember someone posted a sight one time, that listed household products could be used instead of buying those expensive ones from the pool stores. Can anyone help me?

thanks

Bebra1

NE PA zone 6b

Reply to
Barbara Yanus

If you have a plaster in ground pool, it really would be best to find a Self Chem in your area, or take a sample of your water to a pool supply place to have it tested. Proper pH in plaster pools is really important, but more, hardness of water. We test our pool all the time for pH levels, water hardness, chlorine availability (which should never drop lower than 3 ppm) etc.

Reply to
animaux

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

You might try muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) from a hardware store like Home Depot but be careful, its strong stuff. I'm not sure what pool store supplies but look at label, it may be the same acid. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo