navel oranges, out of season?

in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L.

Reply to
kc5cqa

Navels are a cool season crop. New crop will start in Dec. Try a grocery that imports from southern hemisphere. Valencia harvest is underway in the US right now. Time to enjoy some excellent orange juice :-)

Reply to
Elizabeth

You can buy them now, but if we ate what was naturally available in our conditions, health would be better. I don't eat melon if it's out of season here. Many conditions like how much daylight etc effect how our bodies operate and I find for me, allergies are way down when I adhere to a diet of things which are available in my part of the world, at that time.

Now, if I could just eat LESS of it, I'd be in good shape.

animaux

:On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:05:37 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com opined: : :>in the last to three months, I have had difficulty in buying navel :>oranges, you know small ones in the plastic bags. You can find the :>big puffy ones, but they lacked taste. Is a reason they are so :>scarce.? Thanks in advance, C. L. : :You can buy them now, but if we ate what was naturally available in our :conditions, health would be better. I don't eat melon if it's out of season :here. Many conditions like how much daylight etc effect how our bodies operate :and I find for me, allergies are way down when I adhere to a diet of things :which are available in my part of the world, at that time.

If I move from my home area, do I have to keep eating what is in season there or can I switch to what's available where I now live?

Reply to
Wendy Chatley Green

animaux wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I did a google search and the sites I'm finding aren't helping me figure out what I should eat now in California. Any particular sites you can recommend?

Reply to
Hope Munro Smith

No. Go to a farmers market.

Reply to
animaux

They're not in season; you'll find them in the stores at their best price in early winter.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens