Name that plant!

Are there weeds? :confused:

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: STH74067.JPG | |Download:
ger_ryan22

Would help to know where you are.

Look a bit like a weed we have here in NJ, they get bluebell type flowers in the spring.

They're worth growing for their decorative value, so they're not always a weed, but they spread to places where you don't want them. (As shown in your picture.)

Reply to
despen

You mean beyond "gardenbanter.co.uk"?

Reply to
Billy

You think I could upload an image there?

First picture on the site:

SPIDERWORT IN FLORIDA.

Reply to
despen

The net is everywhere. Just upload and give the url.

Reply to
Billy

In message , ger_ryan22 writes

bluebell (Hyacinthoides hispanica). They're not weeds until you decide that you don't want them.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

Yes there are.

Reply to
Markus Jones

Joe Vine.

Could be a pipevine, Aristolochia macrophylla. Whatever it is, cut and paint should eliminate it. Cut it back to the ground wherever it emerges and dab the stumps with glyphosate concentrate, just a tad. Keep this up for a few weeks and it will likely vanish.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Bindweed. It can be beaten, but it will take time. Don't till; just remove the green tops, over and over and over again.

If you go the herbicide route, it will take multiple applications. Since the weed is the only thing growing in your picture:

"Glyphosate (Roundup, Touchdown, or equivalent) is a non-selective herbicide with no soil activity. Any labeled crop can be planted after fall or spring glyphosate application. Glyphosate should be applied when plants are actively growing and are at or beyond full bloom. Poor control will result if plants are under stress, not actively growing, or covered with dust."

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: plant.jpg | |Download:
Pat Kiewicz

The downside of buying Roundup is empowering Monsanto -- a company which I have no hesitation in labeling EVIL!

Do some research into this monster, which has done such things, inter alia, as compelling dirt-poor peasants in Third World countries (who always drew water from their own wells), to BUY water, at prices that absorb a huge percentage of their income.

Out of curiosity, I just did a quickie search under keywords "Monsanto Evil". Was amazed at the number of sites and the detail on their evil- doing.

Another search on "Monsanto and Roundup" yielded another "harvest" of evil.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Glyphosate is out of its exclusive use patent so there are competitors making it now, often much cheaper than Monsanto. It won't be called roundup whcih is their trade name.

David Hare-Scott

Any citations that you could give, which would strengthen your assertions, would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Billy