Gardening Trends

Hello All

I am in serious need of help. I am a student from Aarhus, Denmark, and I have been asked for my exam project in culture to do a detailed description of the British people's relation to their private gardens, and the current gardening trends in private gardening. As I cannot buy any British gardening magazines without subscribing to them, I thought that finding a hopefully comptent and helpful British gardening forum would be a better idea. My project is due in a month's time, so I will greatly appreciate quick answers.

I apologise for coming onto this forum with an educational interest, and not a personal interest.

If you want me to elaborate on anything, I will be more than helpful to do so.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you will help me, and I will be forever grateful.

Thank you, Stefan

PS. Any links, writings, or other references are also greatly appreciated.

Reply to
StefanNewcomer

You appear to have come here via gardenbanter which is UK based. However many correspondents are international so you will need to check this before ascribing their ideas and attitudes to the Brits.

There is a huge amount of material on the internet and in the archives of usenet but until you make clearer what you want to know it is hard to make any recommendation.

We have had several students attempt to gather information here who created a survey using one of the free internet systems for operating questionnaires. Many of these were hastily thrown together and not very good. If you are tempted to go this way I suggest that you test your questionnaire on English-speaking people before you publish it widely.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

In gardening? Good luck.

It is utterly forbidden to be half-hearted about gardening. You have got to love your garden whether you like it or not.  ~W.C. Sellar & R.J. Yeatman

You've got it backwards. We are the ones with the knowledge. Now if you asked sensible questions like,"Why do you garden, instead of attacking your vicious military governments?", we might get some where.

Could you spare the price of a fuse?

A pint?

Reply to
Billy