Not enough water?

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Fran

Too old and/or grown too slow.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Walrus and the Carpenter Were walking close at hand;

Reply to
Billy

Radish and turnip grow more tasty in mild seasons, like early spring and late fall here. They become pithy and more hot and turnips more bitter as the weather warms.

Hal Zone 8

Reply to
Hal

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:27:45 -0400, against all advice, something compelled Hal , to say:

I guess they'll make good compost.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Hang on there cowboy. The root may have gone pithy on you but you can still eat the seed pods. I planted my French Breakfast mid-April, and they are starting to get a bit chewy. I also had a volunteer which pushed in mid-March. It is now in it's pod stage, and pod eating is good eats.

If you look at you will see that it only takes about 3 - 4 weeks for radishes to become mature. You will also find some references to their pithiness. I'm sure other sites will do a greater exposition of radish characteristics.

Reply to
Billy