Missed required minimum on IRA

I just discovered that I fell a little short on my required minimum distribution on my IRA.

Is there anything I can do to repair this oversight?

If not, how do I go about paying the penalty?

Reply to
Ray

Wrong Newsgroup.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

You could ask the IRS. You probably wouldn't be the first.

Or you could ask your tax preparer (if you have one)

Or you could call your Congresscritter's office and ask to speak with a constituent services staff member.

However, if you received a written notice in the mail of your required mininum distrib. you would probably have to come up with a good reason that you fell "a little short" -- meaning how short?

This is not legal or IRS advice. A news group might not be the best place to ask about such a delicate matter.

Good luck.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Oooops. Sorry, but this message was intended for posting in the misc.taxes.moderated newsgroup.

-- Ray