Manure as fertilizer ...................

And I've used it fresh and steaming straight from the horse's bum.

It really is just all about 'where' you use it. If it's still steaming, ya don't put it on seedlings, but a fully grown bush doesn't care two hoots about how fresh it is as long as the steaming poop isn't laid on 6 inches deep and right up to the trunk of the bush.

I read something about the difference between cow and bull poop once. Apparently cow poop is 'richer' (for want of a better description) than bull poop because of the differing physiology of the animals. Cows can pee right onto their plop, whereas bulls/steers can't. Made sense to me having watched then doing their business quite often - only trouble is, I can't recall now what ingredient it was in the cow poop that made it 'richer' but it would make sense if it was more ammonia maybe. and how do people likeyou and I segregate our poops. Do I go round asking the bulls/steers to put tags on their poops or to only poop in a particular spot?

I'm with you. Put the nutrients where they should be and don't waste them in a pile becoming 'well rotted manure' (a ridiculous phrase that).

Reply to
FarmI

"FarmI" wrote

You can always give it a little taste. LOL

Reply to
brooklyn1

How would you characterize the difference in taste and texture? LOL

Reply to
Billy

Hmm, I was never one to swallow bullshit. heheh

Reply to
brooklyn1

I guess I could ask then, why is it in your mouth?

Reply to
Billy

Heh heh heh......

Nice catch, Old Trout! ;-)

Charlie, envirowacko

Reply to
Charlie

Good for you and the worms ;O)

Reply to
Billy

and if my cider turns out crap, it'll become liquid manure next spring

rob

Reply to
George.com

Ah, hold on there cowboy. There must be some way you can distill it to make apple brandy, like in Normandy ;O)

Reply to
Billy

or vinegar

rob

Reply to
George.com

Uh-huh. Vinegar, though, won't deliver the Dionysian promise of freeing the body from the tyranny of the mind.

The only thing that I use apple vinegar for is "chicken and dumplings".

Billy

Billy, whats your address. I might yet be shipping a crate or 2 to you.

rob

Reply to
George.com

All donations gratefully received. - snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com