Introducing Myself

Hey yall. I'm from Northwest Arkansas. I'm a usenet newb and a little new to gardening. This is the first year that my wife and I are going to set up a "real" garden. We have used some "self watering containers" in the past and grew a small patch of onions, tomatoes, and peppers. I think we are going to go for it this year! I'll post some diagrams of our plans when we get a few ready. I look forward to the discussion and info! Great forum!

-RayZorback

Reply to
RayZorback

Hi Ray! Welcome to wreck gardens. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've planned and the progress you make but remember you can't post pictures to this news group. There's a lot of people who can no longer access binary groups either so putting them on a web site and posting the link to that is your best bet.

Val

Reply to
Val

Welcome aboard. I am pleased whenever folks begin to take control of their food and begin to experience the pleasure of your own nutritious produce. Read all you can about composting (sheet, lasagna, piles) and mulching, manure, worms, soil structure and enrichment, raised beds.....and on and on.

"TIs a bit slow now, but things will pick up as growing begins....or whenever somebody says sumppin that someone else takes exception with or Billy can't get the cork outta his breakfast before he has to haul off to the dungeon and gets all grumpy.....then it can get exciting. ;-)

It can get a bit rough here at times, all part of the fun and learning. I've been in and out for a while, the players come and go, some been here a long time.

Some of the biggest spats involve the envirowackos against the chemicalheads....neverending. Politics get tossed about sometimes, irritating lots of folks, but hey, politics are affecting our food supply and some of us desire others to experience the benefits of "organics" and heirlooms and chemical free food as opposed ot factory farmed, politically sponsored food.

Stick around and don't let a few whacks and pokes discourage you. ;-)

In the words of St. Molly of Ivins, "Have Fun Doin' It!!"

Reply to
Charlie

Ahhhh, St. Molly.

Billy