fertilizer mistake

Hi there, I accidently used Miracle Grow Lawn food in my vegetable garden. ( i thought it was the regular stuff )...

the npk is 36/6/6

is this going to a big problem for me??? and is there anything i can do about it now??

Thanks for any help!

J.

Reply to
sgold

Probably won't hurt it this early in the season (I'm assuming it's early where you are) because the nitrogen helps the green growth and that's what you're looking for now. Later in the season it might slow down fruit production and give you a lot of green, but for right now, I wouldn't be panicking.

..

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East.

Reply to
cloud dreamer

I think the biggest problem will be too much green tops at the later expense of flowers and roots. I would also strongly guess that since it is early in the season and since miracle grow is a short lived fertilizer, that rain or irrigation will wash most, if not all of it away, by the time your real growing "production" season gets there. In summary, don't think it is much to worry about at all. Just use the correct fertilizer the next time. Remember also that you can apply the proper fertilizer earlier than normal by diluting it to half strenght and use it in half the time. I find as a general rule, that throughout the growing season that I use the half amount twice as ofter as my general rule always. Seems to do much better. Good luck from sunny southern California. Jim

Reply to
jimnginger