Mad gardener deer repel

Have you tried the sonic deer repellents?. How about the motion detector water spray? Last the fertilizer made from sewage sludge?

Gary

Reply to
Gary & Karen

This weekend, I'm padlocking my 16 year old son and two or three friends to stakes driven into the ground near the garden, and feeding them nothing but baked beans, Doritos and chocolate milk. We'll see if that dissuades the deer. This group of kids is capable of making the atmosphere explosive even in large auditoriums.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Try a milk container with freesh human urine

Reply to
Bob Seaman

since I am the madgardener, I'd say posting blown up pictures of succulent plates piled high with venison roasts, deer stews and stir fry dishes would do it..................... madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

Hang bars of Irish Spring soap around the garden. Leave the wrapper on and drill a hole through, put some twine or hanger through the hole. The wrapper protects the soap from the weather.

The Irish Spring attracts leprechauns. Put a case of cheap beer nearby where the leprechauns will find it. They will get to partying and the noise scares off the deer.

The soap will last weeks but you will have to replace the beer nightly.

John

Reply to
John Bachman

Don't know about deer but sonic repellants my wife bought for mice do not work. High fences or netting and electric fences do work. Also forget the human odor thing. Suburban deer that most of us appear to have are not repelled. They also may get used to the water thing. I've seen deer eating acorns from a tree near a home with a chained dog barking his head off.

Reply to
Frank Logullo

You forgot the other important method. Get some Bounce fabric softener cloths & make little flags out of them all around the garden. This will make the leprechauns think the flags are for a soccer game that'll be starting soon & they'll sit up in the branches waving the flags drinking the beer & waiting for the game to start, & as everyone knows, deer will not go near shrubs that have leprechauns sitting in them.

Of course, if you live in a part of the country that has no leprechauns, none of these urban folklore methods work for shit. The repellants that actually work in controlled studies contain either blood or putrescent egg solids. Repellants that rely on bitter taste or soapy or perfumy smells work primarily in the imagination of people who are bad observers of nature.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Good observation. They don't work for anything. Sonic repellants have been throughly tested & shown to be bogus. Now noise CANONS might work, but any noise a human can tolerate so can animals. See: "A Sucker Born Every Minute: Ultrasonic & Subsonic Pest Control Devices"

the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

I bought a Scarecrow Waterspray from Amazon.com & it really works fo me & it's $20.00 cheaper from Amazon $59.95 Free Shipping too. Fran

-- FRANK

Reply to
FRANK