list of English and latin names

Hi everyone!

I am a Spanish gardener trying to improve her English language. I have just discovered your forum which it seems very interesting! My question is: Is there anyone who can send me a list of plant´s names where I can match English names with latin names? It would be a very good lesson for me. Thanks a lot! And sorry for my English (I am trying it)

Reply to
constanza

Your use of the English language is quite good. It is better than what I have seen from individuals who are native speakers of English.

You might look at the "Dictionary of Botanical Epithets" at . This translates from one of the two parts of a botanical name into the equivalent English. The Dictionary is oriented towards alpine plants (plants that grow in the mountains). It gives the origins of name-parts as well as their meaning.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has "Plants Database" at . There you can enter either a botanical name or a common name and get the other.

Reply to
David E. Ross