lilac seeding

I have never tried germinating immature seed, it may be possible. Growing them from mature seed is pretty easy. Harvest the seed when the pods begin to split. Provide 60 days cold stratification and then sow. Or sow in the fall and seedlings will emerge in late spring/early summer.

--beeky

THURST> FamilyNet Newsgate

Reply to
beeky

FamilyNet Newsgate

Seeing most of the Atlantic caostal areas are receiveing a heavy soaking rain from the Bonnie and Charley storms I will ask again while you more knowlgerble gardener are taking a well earned rest. What is the more productive way of propagating french blue double lilac seeds; green in the same season produced, or let them brown over during the winter and then plant next spring?

Ciao, Ack.

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN

FamilyNet Newsgate

Thnak you Beeky

(You share a fine name with my grand daughter !-) I have already planted some immature seeds so we will see. For a bit more edification: would 60 days in the back of my fridge satisfy the "60 days cold stratification" need? Any need for a night in the freezer to mimic my north of Boston. MA suburban environment?

Ciao, Ack.

BE>I have never tried germ BE>> FamilyNet Newsgate BE>>

BE>> Seeing most of the Atlantic caostal areas are receiveing BE>> a heavy soaking rain from the Bonnie and Charley storms BE>> I will ask again while you more knowlgerble gardener are BE>> taking a well earned rest. What is the more productive way BE>> of propagating french blue double lilac seeds; green in BE>> the same season produced, or let them brown over during BE>> the winter and then plant next spring? BE>>

BE>> Ciao, Ack. BE>>

BE>> --- BE>> þ SLMR 2.1a þ It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a BE>>

BE>> FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail BE>>

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2 BE> * Origin: FamilyNet Newsgate telnet://
(8:8/2002)

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN