Lemon Grass

Do lemon grass plants repel mosquitoes simply by their aroma? Or is it necessary to crush the herbs/grass blades and rub on your skin in order to repel them?

Thanks.

Reply to
volume

I have several large clumps of lemon grass near the house. They do not have any noticable effect on mosquitos. As for rubbing it on to your skin I have nver tried it. Why don't you try it and report back? You should be able to test this quite easily if there are planty of mossies about at your place.

David

Reply to
hairyarms