Lebelling my arboretum

Hello! I have just bought my dream home in the countryside of Englan

with a large garden. We are lucky enough to have a beautiful arboretu at the back of the garden. I would really like to label the trees her as there are many different kinds however I am not sure as to how t label them so as not to spoil the look. Would anyone be able to sugges a lebelling method?

Thank you in advance

Harr

-- GardenerHarry

Reply to
GardenerHarry

A small sign post infront, just a sign on one post - if that make sense??

Maybe with the latin and common name as wel

-- penance

Reply to
penance

GardenerHarry wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk:

re: Lebelling/lebelling

I would respectfully suggest that you not do any of the lettering yourself.

Reply to
Yanni Appleseed

This is a controversial subject with botanical gardens! Labels of course answer the perpetual "what's this?" questions, but some feel they make the garden look like a supermarket.

I'd suggest a small, discrete sign on a small post. Probably white type on a black background, using a smallish font size (e.g. 18pt). If you have the budget, engraved plastic will be super-durable.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

The message from GardenerHarry contains these words:

Try copper labels, available in the UK from Lakeland, and Andrew Grace. Names are easily indented (permanently) with the tip of a biro. The copper soon weathers to a discreet matt brown and will last many decades. They can be attached with copper wire, but this needs regular checking to make sure it doesn't constrict growth.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Reply to