kittens, safety, Diatomaceous Earth

Why would that be Johnny Cat, Mr. Dick Shillelagh?

Wouldn't a dick shillelagh be awkward to use?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Why not adopt a bunch of kittens? There are literally millions of animals put down each year, many of them kittens.

Bourne Identity

I liked Jumbo Catastrophe! Boy did that make me laugh. Not at the guy, I forgot all about him already, but my friend comes up with the most hysterical things. Where DOES he get them from!

Reply to
Bourne Identity

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving

Why? If cats were artificailly prevented from all breeding, they would die out. Surely, to a Buddhist like yourself, all life forms are worthy of existence and their own spiritual karma?

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

I agree and support that neutering feral populations of starving diseased cats reduces suffering. However, that does not mean that all pet cats have to be prevented from breeding. If someone is prepared to be responsible for their kittens' lifetime feeding and health, there is no reason at all why you should censure that choice.

I am not throwing your religious beliefs in your face, Victoria, but you frequently cite them here as back-up for some sanctimonious snipe at someone else, choosing to put them in the public domain for our consideration. So when you lapse from grace, I'm afraid it attracts some amusement. Rather like watching a fat lady lumbering round in circles shrieking "look at me, I'm a very slim and graceful ballet dancer you clodhoppers, oh yes I am so I am"..just as she falls flat on her arse in a cowpat, making shit fly.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

um, yeah, that can be funny, but why would buddhism be incompatible with spaying? I'm not a buddha yet, but I see Victoria acting out of compassion for the animals that get killed by shelters daily and it makes sense to me. And if you don't buy that, spay and neuter to limit the spread of disease that accompanies excessive feral cat/dog populations.

obgardening: the pussy willows are lovely this year, no?

Treedweller

I think the year's crop of Cattails in the ditches and edges of the cow ponds are beautiful right now................. madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

I support the nurting/spaying of mixed breed cats, heck I've saved some, had the operation done and found them good loving homes. Right now I've got 3 males awaiting for the funds to build up to have it done. But at the same time I am a breeder of pure breed cats, I've bred and shown Japanese Bobtails, and the ones that I sell to people go with agreements to have them fixed too and the over all number has not been great as I only use one queen once every 18 months. They also go with CFA papers too. Have you ever been to a cat show? I'd guess not, because then you would know and might even understand more about the world of the true cat breeders, and I'm not talking about the people who let strays hang around or don't care for their cats.

One of the ones I have awaiting their vist to the vets is an old boy, he was around this trailer park for at lest 5 years after being left behind by someone who got kicked out. He more or less rules the area, but other males have come in or grown up here and his age was not helping. So after many trys and as many months, this last winter I was able to trap him. He now lives in my small side bedroom after cutting off all his matted fur and healing the old battle scars & such. He'll now live out his life inside and being cared for.

Akumaizer Cattery Japanese Bobtails since 1974

Reply to
Starlord

The message from Bourne Identity contains these words:

That's strange. When I asked you on Thursday about the Buddhist path in relation to your judgmental comment to another poster you replied

Some explanation of your "path".

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I'm not fond of breeding cats and dogs. I would never go to a cat show.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. I can easily get behind that. It's nothing personal about not being fond of breeding. We are coming from different worlds, but both obviously love animals. We have that in common.

victoria

Reply to
Bourne Identity

]You didn't ask for an explanation. You used it to suit yourself. Do me a favor Janet, forget I exist.

Reply to
Bourne Identity