kids gardening

Everybody feel free to post a story or 3 about their kids gardening...

My daughter and I are growing lots of vine plants, including greenbeans and oriental sugar peas. I showed her how to make a seed holder out of folding an 8.5*11 sheet of paper... She is amazed at how green beans are the green beans she knows and loves, as well as the beans that she now knows they turn into if you leave them on the vine. She is looking forward to her "babies" - next years plants started from this years seeds... She is learning a lot from the garden this year...

Reply to
BearDrummer

My 4 year old granddaughter was down to visit with my daughter from up north. There timing was pefect as I was just getting everything prepared to start my seeds indoors. My granddaughter, nicknamed 'Sweetpea', came down to my work area and asked what I was doing. I told her that 'Pipi was planting seeds to grow nice flowers'. She asked if she could help plant some seeds so I prepared a flat of growing medium and, as luck would have it, I had her put a couple of sweetpea seeds that I had just purchased in each cell. She covered each one up, watered them, and asked how long it would take. I told her that she would be back home before they started showing, but I would update her as they grew. Well, I've just sent her the first picture via e-mail and she couldn't be happier! Now, when I get to talk to her on the phone, the first thing she asks is 'How are the plants Pipi?'. Here's a pic that I sent her of the first blossom:

Buzzy :)

Reply to
Buzzy

Nice garden! Great photographs!