Kalanchoe digremontiana aka Maternity Plant

Looking for source to purchase Kalanchoe digremontiana AKA Maternity Plant

Reply to
Your name

Thats Bryophyllum daigremontianum, AKA Kalanchoe daigremontiana.

plant is such a nasty weed, many out there would gladly give you plants for free. Most people get it as a hitchhiker in a pot of something purchased that was far more valuable.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

I have one variety of this plant. I used to have the more tubular variety(B. delagoensis). The picture displayed showed a much larger leaf than the one that I have now. That leaf appeared huge in comparrison to the variety I've got. I will attest to your statement that it becomes a hitchhicker in pots. I have at least one in every pot of cacti and succulents I own. I sometimes pull them out like weeds and compost them, but I so love the red flowers that appear unexpectedly in the late winter, I forgive it. (I also get lots of jades in various pots of cactus I have from dropped leaves). If "your name" would like one variety of them, I can send you a few in an envelope from my supply. They're not the tubular or the larger leafed hybrid. And I learned that my common name was "Pregnancy plants" from my first one I had come across in 1979 in Denver. madgardener who is having to consider where to put all the cacti and succulents inside this year fearing an early frost and fall...........very strange August indeed

Reply to
madgardener

"Cereus-validus

I have a plant almost identical to the pics on the bottom of that site and have wondered what it is! I think it is a specie of Bryophyllum, as it is just like that plant except it seems, normally, to have its babies on the tips of its huge leaves rather than all around them. The County Agent gave it to me and the one they had planted in their huge garden was a large pedestal like about 5 or 6 feet tall and in the full sun, its leaves were a soft gray green. I put mine in the garden this year but really not enough sun and it is only about 2 feet tall. it has put out a 5 inch baby from the tip of one of the lower leaves which i just pulled up and potted. it has others coming on. The lady working at the greenhouse called it an ice plant and knew no other name for it.

i have one of its babies, now two years old, in a pot in the house with only a bit of light from a north window and a few hours of shop light and it looks like a vine, its leaves serated and puting out babies, some along the edges of the leaf and some only on the tips. I put a piece of it in the garden and it grew but is maintaining the leaf of its vine looking self. thought it might grow up like the original plant.????

Could this, with its speckled leaves just like the lower picture, be that plant or would it be another subspecie? curious, leo

Reply to
Lee

Are you curious yellow or are you curious blue?

Reply to
Cereus-validus